London, 16 August 2012 – Hikma Pharmaceuticals PLC (LSE: HIK) (NASDAQ DUBAI: HIK), the fast growing global pharmaceutical group, today reports its interim results for the six months ended 30 June 2012.
16 August 2012
Group financial highlights
- Group revenue increased by 34.8% to $532.3 million, with organic4 revenue up 7.6%
- Branded revenue growth of 24.6% reflects strong demand across our MENA markets, with organic5 growth of 12.8%.
- he Branded business remains on track for around 20% full year revenue growth, with gross and adjusted operating margins broadly in line with 2011
- Excellent performance in global Injectables delivered 94.0% revenue growth, with organic6 revenue growth of 25.7%, and adjusted operating margin of 22.0%
- Generics revenue decreased by 27.0% to $55.8 million, reflecting the impact of additional compliance work at the Eatontown facility and increased pricing pressure.
- Full year revenue guidance is revised to around $115 million
Significant increase in Injectables margins more than offsets lower margins in the Generics business, with Group adjusted operating margin of 15.4%, compared to 15.1% in the first half of 2011
- Profit attributable to shareholders up 22.0% to $40.4 million. On an adjusted basis, profit attributable to shareholders is up 12.9% to $46.0 million
- Net cash flow from operating activities up $27.9 million to $47.1 million, reflecting growth in profitability and an ongoing focus on working capital management
- Continued new product delivery across all countries and markets – launched 37 products and received 33 product approvals – and enhancement of the portfolio through product acquisitions
- Increase in the interim dividend to 6.0 cents per share, up from 5.5 cents for the first half of last year
- Before the amortisation of intangible assets (excluding software) and exceptional items (including acquisition and integration related expenses of $0.6 million (H1 2011: $6.7 million))
- Earnings before interest, tax, depreciation and amortisation
Before the amortisation of intangible assets (excluding software) and exceptional items
- Before the consolidation of the Multi-Source Injectables, Promopharm and Savanna businesses
- Before the consolidation of the Promopharm and Savanna businesses
- Before the consolidation of the Multi-Source Injectables and Promopharm businesses
Said Darwazah, Chief Executive Officer of Hikma, said:
“We have had a strong start to the year in our Branded and Injectables businesses. I am pleased with the growth we have achieved in our key MENA markets this year. Our global Injectables business continues to deliver extremely strong growth, as we benefit from our increased scale and continued investment in quality and products. In our Generics business, where operations have been disrupted by additional compliance work, we expect sales to gradually improve in the second half.
Overall, the Group is performing well and the outlook is positive for the second half. I am pleased to be able to reiterate our Group guidance of around 20% revenue growth for the full year.”